Cold and Flu Community

What symptoms or signs prompted you to seek medical care for your child's fever?

Call a child's doctor if any of the following are present with fever.The child is younger than 6 months of age (regardless of prematurity).One is unable to control the fever.One suspects a child may become dehydrated from vomiting, diarrhea, or not drinking (for example, the child has sunken eyes, dry diapers, tented skin, cannot be roused, etc.).The child has been to a doctor but is now getting worse or new symptoms or signs have developed.Although you may have done your best to care for your child, sometimes it is smart to take your child to the emergency department. The child's doctor may meet you there, or the child may be evaluated and treated by the emergency doctor.Take a child to an emergency clinic when any of the following happen:One has serious concerns and is unable to contact the child's doctor.One suspects the child is dehydrated.A seizure occurs.The child has a purple or red rash.A change in consciousness occurs.The child's breathing is shallow, rapid, or difficult.The child is younger than 2 months of age.The child has a headache that will not go away.The child continues to vomit.The child has complex medical problems or takes prescription medications on a chronic basis (for example, medications prescribed for more than two weeks' duration).
I sought medical care for my child's fever because my child had fever of 102.7, chills, severe headache, and whites of eyes turned red from fever. He lost appetite and had upset stomach.
My baby has 103 degree fever, so I am seeking medical care.
My child is getting fever frequently, at night time only. I don't know what the reason for that is and what the solution is.