stage 4 chf

my 38 year old husband has stage 4 chf with an unknown cause but i'm writing to ask if its normal or emergency situation for his stomach to be very swollen he looks nine months pregnant. also is it possible for him to "drown" in his fluids he says he feels like he will. thanks
If he is feeling problems to breath, like if liquid is in his lungs, and do not react to the diuretics that he is probably taking, ... I think that it is an emergency...he can get suffocated for it.

In fact he should  weight himself every day and if there is any sudden increase in weight he should look for medical advise.

Good luck
It is an emergency when someone is having problems breathing.

About a year ago, my CHF got to the point of not being able to draw a breath, or tell anyone what was wrong with me.  I landed in the ER, had a breathing treatment, and after about 40 minutes, I could finally take a small breath myself.  It cost me 3 days in the hosptial, but it almost cost me my life.

CHF is nothing to mess around with.  It doesn't matter where the swelling is taking place, he still needs to be seen by a doctor.  If there is swelling in other parts of the body, then there is usually fluid on the lungs, and it needs medical intervention, ASAP.

Please don't hesitate, get him to the nearest ER.
Hi.  Heart failure, also known as congestive heart failure (CHF), means your husband’s heart cannot pump enough blood to meet his body’s needs. Over time, the organs soon fail, resulting to shortness of breath, fatigue and weakness, swelling of the legs, ankles and feet, persistent cough or wheezing with white or pink-blood tinged phlegm, swollen abdomen (ascites) and weight gain. If he experiences chest pain, fatigue and weakness, rapid or irregular heartbeat and shortness of breath, bring your husband to a nearby hospital for prompt evaluation and management. A few minutes delay of management may put your husband’s life at risk. Hope this helps.