A
A
A
Close
Crohn's Disease / Ulcerative Colitis Community
1.92k Members

SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE AB.IGA

Hello,

My sister has severe crohns and now has a bag. I also had a cousin who had crohns who just recently passed in her 20's.

I have stomach issues(including GERD requiring medication) frequently and also had a a colonoscopy in january with no findings. I also had a blood test prior to the colonoscopy and I would like to share the results and see if anything can be made of this.

ATYPICAL ANCA <1:20 titer Neg:<1:20
SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE AB.IGA 32.1 High Units 0.0-24.9
         YEAST BAKERS AB.IGG    90
GLUCOSE 115 High mg/dL 70-110
TRIGLYCERIDE 323 High mg/dL 30-200
(also its important to note that the lab noted Hemolysis; which from my understanding could be hemolytic anemia or some form of lab error during the draw or handling)

I also need to note none of these tests have been high before. My diet is also the same and I do not drink alcohol at all.It also should be mentioned I have been diagnosed with Reactive hypoglycemia (no conclusive cause found) confirmed with a glucose tolerance test and I also have sick sinus syndrome with a pacemaker and I am only 32.

My question does any of these results point to Crohns? I am aware that some would assume that these results would indicate unhealthy eating habits..but my diet is mostly good. I am not obese or even slightly overweight. I just have had a lot of issues that no doctor can ever explain. (most doctors do agree i have possibly an endocrine and digestive issue that cant be explained). (also I have had hepatitis testing all negative)
1 Responses
I don't know what happened but some of my blood test results got cut. Here are more.

ALANINE AMINOTRANSFERASE 90 High IU/L 15-63
ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE 45 IU/L 25-160
ASPARTATE AMINOTRANSFERASE 49 High IU/L 15-41
BILIRUBIN 1.1 mg/dL 0.3-1.2
GLOMERULAR FILTRATION RATE.PREDICTED 86.6 mL/mn/1.73 15->90
NEUTROPHILS 6.8 High K/cmm 2.7-5.9
Have an Answer?
Top Digestive Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem
Are you still experiencing symptoms on your current treatment for Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's and ready for a different treatment/ready for a change?