Dental Health Community

Abscess and swollen cheek

I have an abscess in a broken tooth on the upper right side, 2nd tooth from the back.  I feel a lump on the upper portion of the gum line, near where the jaw connects.  My cheek is swollen and I have a bitter taste in my mouth.  I am afraid that it has spread into my cheek cavity.  How serious is this? What is the worst thing that can happen if I am unable to go to a dentist? I don't have any insurance.  Should I go to the emergency room?
It sounds like an abcess, and the bad taste is the infection draining.  Go to the dentist, he can help you with this.
Thank you for the advice.  I am hopefully going to go to a clinic tomorrow morning.  The pain has gotten bad since this afternoon.