Crown Pain

I had 3 crown put in on my left side, two upper molars and one lower. I had pain in all of them days after with the bite being off, couldn't voted down without pain. Last week bite adjusted and lower molar had tje crown redone, but now upper molars still ache at least twice a day with no stimuli, still sensitive to liquid. Xrays show nothing wrong, but I remember the technician who put in my uppers saying how tight they were when putting them on that you couldn't really pull them back off before cementing them in. They look high in my mouth as well. Could they be too tight, and that is what is causing me pain?
COMMUNITY LEADER
You may need to address your occlusal problem to your restorative dentist, hopefully he or she can adjust bite until you feel comfortable
Well he has adjusted it 3 times now. I had the right back molar crowned as well and beyond gum irritation healing from new crown put in doesn't have sensitivity to liquids. The gum around the lower left back molar is super sore, wondering if that is adding to the ache and sensitivity. However, the upper left I can feel with my finger where crown ends. Should they have taken xrays of tooth w/out crowns on? Because he says tooth looked great and roots showing nothing wrong. There is talk of sending me to a root canal specialist which is so stressful since I got the crowns done now to avoid a root canal.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Your descriptions highly suggest occlusion associated dental symptoms. However, bite adjustment is a highly technique sensitive procedure. More than 90% dentist can not achieve optimal outcome. Most dental patient need to take time to adapt to new occlusion when a new crown is delivered, second molar or first molar is particularly vulnerable to occlusion issue. If your dentist can not solve your problem, seeing a prosthodontist is advised.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community