Problem with Molar Roots

Three months ago my fourteen year-old daughter went to a cleaning appointment where they took xrays.  They discovered that the roots on all her bottom molars are disintegrating.  They did a panorama xray about a month later to verify their original results.  Her molar roots were healthy just a year and a half prior when the previous xrays had been taken. She has regular dental checkups and has had extensive orthondotic work done for a severe malocclusion of the upper jaw. Her dentist has no clue as to why this has happened or how to go about treating it since it doesn't know what is causing it.  He has consulted with several other dentists and orthodontists and none of them have ever seen this before.  It has been three months now and we still have answers.  They are preparing us at this point for the possibility that she will lose all of the bottom molars.  

Have you ever heard of this happening?  Do you have any suggestions?
Frankly I have never heard of this. If you have a dental school in your area I would try to get an opinion from them. I would also try to find an oral pathologist. They are usually associated with the dental school or a teaching hospital.
i would have her evaluated at  dental school.
Excessive orthodontic movement, especially if the tteth are moved quickly, can cause resorption of the roots.
A related discussion, weird was started.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.