Dental Health Community

abscess

Hi i started with really bad tooth pain and went to the emergency dentist who said its infected and got an abscess. They give me amoxicillin 500mg i started them yesterday teatime then last night my face started to swell up on the right side where the bad tooth is never had this before. Now i look like an hamster what i want to know is how long will it take for the tablets to work i have taken 4 so far. Also most of the pain as gone but still really soar.

PS never had this happen with an abscess in the past must be because i am getting old :(
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing a dentist to eliminate source of infection, either extraction of offending tooth or root canal treatment , is advised.
Yes i have they give me tablets then said come back Monday to have it out, but all the swelling as now spread to my neck so a bit worries