Aa
A
A
A
Close
Depression Community
10.6k Members

Adolescent / Zoloft

My 16 year old daughter has been diagnosed with depression and started taking Zoloft 4 weeks ago.  She has increased social activity and is not crying all the time.  She has really benefited from the medication. The only 'bad' thing is that she has been having terrible migranes.  She has always been pre-disposed to migranes (hereditary).  What can she safely take and at what dosage?  I know Triptans are out of the question.  Also - How long does she need to stay on the Zoloft medication?
1 Responses
303084 tn?1192601864
I'm 16 and today my psychiatrist prescribed me Zoloft for major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder.  I haven't started taking it yet.  The psych said I could take Tylenol for headaches, but didn't say what I could take for migranes.  Have you gone back to the doctor to up the dosage?  You should discuss it then.  Hope I helped some.
Have an Answer?
Top Mood Disorders Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
15 signs that it’s more than just the blues
Discover the common symptoms of and treatment options for depression.
We've got five strategies to foster happiness in your everyday life.
Don’t let the winter chill send your smile into deep hibernation. Try these 10 mood-boosting tips to get your happy back
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.