Depression Community

Adolescent / Zoloft

My 16 year old daughter has been diagnosed with depression and started taking Zoloft 4 weeks ago.  She has increased social activity and is not crying all the time.  She has really benefited from the medication. The only 'bad' thing is that she has been having terrible migranes.  She has always been pre-disposed to migranes (hereditary).  What can she safely take and at what dosage?  I know Triptans are out of the question.  Also - How long does she need to stay on the Zoloft medication?
I'm 16 and today my psychiatrist prescribed me Zoloft for major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder.  I haven't started taking it yet.  The psych said I could take Tylenol for headaches, but didn't say what I could take for migranes.  Have you gone back to the doctor to up the dosage?  You should discuss it then.  Hope I helped some.