Depression Community

Ativan with Zyprexa

My psychiatrist has just added Zyprexa to take with Prozac as the Prozac is not working like it used to work.I'm worried about the weight gain with Zyprexa, is there something else that could be used with the Prozac instead? Also  until now I've also been taking 1 mg. Ativan in the morning and 1 mg Ativan before bed.  Is it safe to use Ativan with the Zyprexa?
Thanks, Karen
I took Ativan and Zyprexa together along with Lexapro with no problems other than being a zombie and fattening up my body to 116lbs--which is half of my two pregnancy weights.

So--I got off the Zyprexa and now take Lexapro and Ativan (2mg) as needed.

I really hated Zyprexa--it made me have a Turtle Brain....
That is what I thought--she should switch.  I would rather do that than to take a boosting drug...I'm horrible about taking things.
I've tried so many other AD meds and none have lifted my depression.
Also, I should add that the Zyprexa dose is only 1.25mg nightly.  Does weight gain depend on the amount you take?
Have you written to Dr. Gould for his feedback? He's the expert physician for mental health questions on this forum.
What is your chief complaint about the Prozac? Do you also have anxiety with your depression? I've been told that Prozac is quite energizing, so it can be challenging   for those folks who have anxiety coupled with their depression.

Personally, I would never take Zyprexa. It's in the antipsychotic family, I believe. Have you read the side effects? Is tardive dyskonesia listed?