Depression Community

Effexor XR and Pregnant

I was on Effexor XR at 225 mg for about 3 years. When I found out I was pregnant, my doctor took me to 150mg for 7 days, 75mg for 7 days then 37.5mg for 7 days.  Now, to add to the pregnancy symptoms, I am having dizziness, ringing ears, just start crying for no reason what so ever.  Its hard to tell if the crying is from the pregnant or the depression but its not the bad part.  I cant stand this anymore but all the doctor said is rest and this can take quite awhile to go away.  Is there a way to alleviate these symptoms?  Please help!!!!
You have two things going on - withdrawal from effexor and hormones from pregnancy.  B/c you're preggo, you can't really take too much so for a little while, you're going to have to suck it up.  If it gets too bad, don't hesitate to contact your dr. or even find another dr. and get some help.  Remember, the dr.'s work for us.  We pay them so if someone isn't helping you, fire them.  Hope you feel better soon!