Depression Community

I am ALWAYS tired and hungry..

I am on 80 mg of Fluoxetine for Depression and Anxiety . I am always tired no matter what and I cant tell if its just in my head or if its really a physical thing. I am always hungry and I eat and eat and never gain weight. (I know for a fact this is true).I am wondering if this could be caused by medication or if not, what could it be? Please help!
How long have you been on the Prozac?  It varies from person to person.  You are not gaining weight which is a good thing but if you eat all the time, you are going to have little energy.  It takes a lot of energy for your body to break down that food.   It happens to me as well.  Talk to your dr, but I would recommend exercise and try to start working on a diet plan.  Eat 5 to 6 times a day but try to eat small portions, or smaller at first, and eat as many whole grain and fruit as you can.  Fruit makes a great snack and the more natural you eat, the easier it is for the body to break down which should give you more energy.  Also I recommend taking some vitamins like b12 to help get up your energy.

Good Luck
Good advice, I've been on Fluotene for the past 7 months suffering from post traumatic shock and probable depression. Symptoms have been dizzyness when starting them feeling as if I was dying from cancer/luekemia. I already had problems with B12 aneamia, memory loss and anxiety.

These tablets were being taken singly in morning and again at night, Once changed to 2 together in the morning, everything started to improve.  I believe the weight loss I have 2 stone in the past 6 months is due to the tablets (plus nifedipiene for high blood pressure), not overly concerned although none of my clothes fit now.

Plus side is: Memory has returned and I even did a crossword yesterday; I've have been through many nights of PTS nightmares. falling from heights, workmates killed before my eyes and several other layers of post traumatic shock which had built up over the years, all blocked from memory; the catalyst being a year when attacked when disabled, mum dying in my arms and not marrying a loved one.

Anyone who has problems from these tablets has my sympathy, but for me they worked perfectly. I can think again and am finally feelinglike I have emerge from a long dark tunnel.
BTW Suppressed appetite but more healthy for it. Little and often now