St John's Wort

I started taking St John's Wort tablets five days ago and I'm thinking about upping the dose and taking two tablets a day instead of one because it hasn't improved anything, in fact my mood has dipped further as far as me going to bed thinking about how I don't have a future and there's no point caring on which I haven't thought like in a few weeks at least.
On the back of the packet, it says that it shouldn't be used by people under 18 but I saw that as an over-reaction by the UK as when I looked it up online I read multiple times that St John's Wort been successful mainly on children and teens. But maybe that's why it isn't working, I don't know.
The dosage is 250mg of extract (as dry extract) from St John's Wort aerial parts (Hypericum perforatum L.) (3:5-6:1)(equialent to 875-1500mg of St John's Wort.) I'm not sure if doubling the dosage will do more bad than good as it says on the pack not to go over but maybe if I do it will start working properly.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
St jhons is probably not strong enough no matter how many you take. - taking more wont help…