Depression Community

Treatment resistant

I have been dealing with depression most of my life.  I've been on numerous anti-depressents and they don't work.  Finally I was prescribed Prozac, it worked for a while, but pooped out.  My psychiatrist recommended ECT.  Has anyone had that done?  Did it work?  Was it worth it?  The thought of it kind of scares me, but at times I am so sick of being depressed and feel like I am willing to try anything.
I used to be on depression but have since recovered, really. I was given Prozac but I had it only for the first 2 weeks when I was like suicidal and the rest of the recovery was due to psychological reengineering. Have you done this part?