Depression Community

Zoloft

Hello I have been on Zoloft for over five years- and have gained 30 pounds my doctor keeps telling me its not because of Zoloft I disagree.  

Also I have tried to go off of Zoloft 3 times and was not successful the withdrawls are horrible and I cannot handle the way I feel so I go back on it any suggestions   - I feel I will be on this drug the rest of my life
I agree with you that zoloft does make a person gain weight because i have taken zoloft. Not only did Zoloft cause me to gain weight, but it also did nothing for me but make me a zombie. As for getting off of the medicine, it should be done ( as with any medication) carefully and gradually. I think mabey you should try another doctor. As for me, i am now taking lexapro and it seems to help some with depression, i have taken it now for 2 years and have not experienced any weight gain from the medicine.