Fleshy Plugs Under Skin In Pores on Face

there is a spot on my nose that i've rubbed raw washing, trying to get these "things" out of my pores.  these are not whiteheads, nor blackheads.  these are clusters of white or fleshy hard and sticky plugs-- not filled with anything, but they stick straight out from the pores. They are not bumps.  If I rub the area w/ a towel they do not rub off at all.  I tried to remove one with tweezers, and it was very tacky (as in sticky)  and clearly goes deep under the skin.  Part of it broke off but I could still see that the pore was plugged and a day or two later top of the plug was sticking out again. i can't find ANYTHING online that looks like it.  
Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be a sebaceous cyst or a cutaneous horn. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin.They may occur anywhere on body but scalp, ears, back, face, and upper arm, are common sites for sebaceous cysts.

A cutaneous horn is a conical projection above the surface of the skin that resembles a miniature horn. Cutaneous horns usually are asymptomatic.But sometimes they can become inflamed and cause pain.

I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Here is my advice take 6 drops of each of theses oils three times a day in a glass of water,clove,cinnamon,rosemary,red thime,lemon,oregano this is the only cure,trust me it works to kill morgellions
I have this type of acne, but have recently developed an allergy to colophony. Do you know of a colophony-free remedy? I just started Differin a few months ago (dried out my skin a lot, so now titrating from BID to QD) and have had relatively quick results. Hoping it will continue to improve! :)
Hello,  I sent you a friend request last night but I do not know if it went through.  I have the very same condition and I am not insured so I can't see a dermatologist. These breakouts are a nightmare and take forever to heal.  Mine never heal until all pieces of the plugs are removed and by then I have dug so deep into my face to get them out till I am embarrassed to go out in public.  I have searched the web till my fingers were numb trying to find an answer and solution and I was so relieved to see your post.  I do not know if stomach ulcers can cause this but I have noticed both flaring up simultaneously.  I would like to find out what type acne this is and how to prevent/treat it.  Could you please keep me updated on your progress.  Thanks and I hope you are doing better.  
the doctors frankly are stumped and i'm also at the end of my rope. they did a biopsy shortly after i did this post, and nothing specific came back. i've had it treated w/ medication (pills and topical) and also laser and it'll seem to look a little better for a few days but then i'm almost to square 1. it just will not seem to heal. just today they decided to do a second biopsy, because they also find it odd and worrisome. they did diagnose me with rosacea b/c in general i am very pink with capillaries close to the skin. i blush very easily and  when i get hot my face turns ruddy. but they just do not know what this specific area on my nose is being caused by so here i sit w/ more bandages and more of my nose shaved off.

i am sorry about not having insurance and having to worry through this alone. I will post if I find anything.
PS It is not a subcutaneous cyst or horn as the gentleman thought it might be from the picture. I realize how hard it is to try to diagnose from a tiny picture, and I do appreciate his efforts.
I have something similar. Hard whitish things sticking out of my pores on my nose, cheeks, chin and my jawline. ‎​​I hav beenn searching the web for answers but to no avail. they stick out like small hard white hairs. ‎​​I try to press them out without hurting my skin buh that's ‎​​so impossible because they are under all my pores ‎​​so my pores look swollen and raised. Pls let me know if you find out anything. Thank you. Hope you are better.
Are you freak'in kidding me!!!! I have finally heard the story of my face from you! Exactly what you described is my dilema also. I cant stand these things! No one seems to know what they are!!  And yes, untill I get them all out the spot will not heal. I have a spot I'm working on now that I nhave had for at least 4 mths. And it will leave a slight scar. Have you gotten any farther in finding any solutions? It kills me that we can fly to the moon, do brain and heart surgerys, have cures for crazy things but not a stupid little white plug in our face!!! Please let me hear from you on your search. ps i am 45 and this just started about  2 yrs ago, what the heck!!! sherri
I've found 1 solution online. I have the same thing. Try an antifungal cream. It's likely ringworm.
hey sky any news on the face plugs? sherri
Ive had this same condition for going on 10 years off and on, they can spead like a plage and hurt oh so godly bad, past few months mine have been dissappearing, the only difference is that Ibe started using a new soap by St Ives, its Hypoallerginic and 100% natural ingedients, Its called St Ives Exfollating with sea kelp and mineral salt, I suggest you give this a try, the soap will burn a bit on newly opened sores but Ive had them clear up within a matter of days after using this, its cheap and can be store bought and its worth giving a try! It works on me! :)
Thanks for the tip.
Hello everyone,

My name is Shevon and I have suffered with the same systems for 17 years. I have gone to dermatologist but no one ever gave me a solution to the problem. This thing has spread all over my body and I am in constant pain. It's looks like red oval sores all over and these white spike things are in my skin. I don't where short sleeves or skirts because of it. I also can't find any images of it, hope someone has the answer...I want my life back!!!
Sorry others have the same stuff I do. I just turned 41 and have had these issues forever. They start out with a little burning and itching, grow into a red lump, and will not pop like a normal pimple. Of course after washing and messing with them, they always open into a sore and there they are... the white things The sores will not heal until all the white things are pulled out (usually with tweezers). When I finally went to the dermatoligists and told her this she looked at me like I was crazy. She could not tell me what they are and how to get rid of them. This last time I was sick when I broke up in several on the neck, face, & chest. The derm said I had folliculits and staph infection (probably from the open wounds). She said to leave the white things alone, that they would work themselves out on their own.. Basically she told me I was like a picker to feel the need to pull the white things out.. Of course I did not believe it. She told me to mess with one like normal and let one heal on its own as an experment. It bothered me so bad to not pull those white things out to hurry the healing as i feel so gross with the sores. I hate that she was right, but the 2nd sore I left alone healed faster. Day after day I could see the white things migrating up and out of the sore when I washed it. I kept it very clean and covered it with the little round bandaids. The reason I am sharing this is I have no answers to what they are, but I do know it makes us prone to staph infection with the open sores and trust me, it *****. They are so irratating, and were almost impossible for me to resist getting my faitful tweezers out and pulling at the white things. Those little round band aids help a lot :) If anyone learns anything new to help this, please let me know as i was given no info on how to prevent this.
FOLLICULITIS. That's GOT to be IT!! I get these on my forearms (in my 40's). When you bother them or pick at them, and create an open wound, they are always an almost perfectly circular sore around the hair follicle. And yes, the white hard cyst-like thing is right exactly in the middle, in the pore. Strangely, they do itch a little sometimes (like a minor mosquito bite would), like it WANTS you to pick at it. Thanks for your reply comment, Dutchy1971 (I'm 1970, btw). It helped a lot. So, leaving them alone will help heal faster? And they come out on their own? I'll try that. And we don't have to worry much that we have some sort of severe life-threatening infection or anything. Right?

I believe I know what you all are experiencing. I'm not a doctor, but I've had the same symptoms and sores that you describe. They are called cystic lesions or cystic acne. Additionally, because they have the word "cyst" in the name does not mean they are cancerous. They are benign. My doctor diagnosed me with them recently and they can occur for various reasons. In my case, it is a hormonal problem, so I have been put on oral contraceptives. I am uncertain whether all women may want to consider that as treatment, but that is what I'm using now. Topicals and stuff don't work, since it is a hormonal issue, they will keep coming back unless I have the medication.

As for guys, I'm not sure what the problem may be. You may want to visit your doctor and mention cystic acne as a possibility. Bring in some research from credible sources on the internet to back up your findings, as this is usually the only way a doctor will actually listen to you.

For those of you without insurance, there is another method you can try. My sister had these as well, not quite as bad as mine (or some of you with yours, for that matter) but we did some research and found that Nature's Cure works. It cleared hers up within six months. She also used the topical that came with it.

Moreover, both she and I are gluten intolerant. So, when we eliminated gluten from our diet, we both saw a significant decrease in these cystic lesions. Before going gluten free, I used to have five to seven of them on my face at a time, and usually all the time. Now I only get one or two every so often. They got worse around my period. When I mentioned this and other symptoms to my doctor, including giving her my research I did, she agreed it was the cystic acne.

I hope this information helps. Like I said, I'm not a doctor, but many of you said it isn't the cutaneous horns. Mine aren't either, so I'm assuming it is the condition I mentioned. I wish you the best!

- Nita