"Golfer's Vasculitis" is more than just annoying

I'd like to know anyone who's had this hideous and annoying condition anywhere on their bodies other than ankles and lower legs - have you had it start on your ankles and then over the years progress to other parts of your body? Any remedy to reduce redness besides not exercising or walking outside?

I moved from the dry climate of the Southwest and Southern Cal to hot and humid New England four years ago - nevr, ever had this until the first summer I arrived and then BAM! A weird, nasty rash that scares even me - I'm extremely active (walk every where and run 6+ daily) so suffice it to say being covered with this is not good for the image!

Seriously though I'd like to know if there's a way to treat and how to keep it from spreading.
Hi...I started getting this rash when I was about forty, just at my ankles but over the last 4 yeasrs has got worse, especially in hot countries, it has spread up to cover my entire legs, it feels like my legs are on fire, they go very taut, it is very painful. I get it all year long, but worse in summer. I use an antihistamine cream which really helps, takes a few hours to work but has a got effect, just left with a staining on your leg where the rash was, try it for yourself I hope it helps you.
Thanks for the suggestion of the antihistamine cream, I'll try that, although I've been fortunate enough to have th rash all over, but not real burning, tightnest or pain to speak of.

Thanks again!
Golfer's vasculitis is a form of vasculitis (swelling of the blood vessels) experienced in the lower legs caused by excessive exercise in hotter temperatures. It is more common among older people.
It is called 'Golfer's' due to the large amount of walking done in golf, as well as it being a sport more popular among older people, resulting in greater incidence of the condition.
The rash is more common in people over 50. Most walkers can't pinpoint anything new they have used that may be causing a reaction. And since so many walkers have it, they couldn't all have contacted the same irritant. The source is simply heat and age--your leg blood vessels getting irritated from the heat.
It seems to occur in healthy, active people. The researchers suggest it should not be a health concern and recommend not getting allergy testing, etc.
Pampering yourself after a good long walk by taking a cool bath, sitting with your feet up, or applying cool wet towels to the rash may help relieve discomfort.
ref:http://walking.about.com/od/medhot/a/legrash.htm?nl=1
ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golfer's_vasculitis
Thank you Dr. Aparna for your time replying. This is all good information and details I've discovered on the Internet in doing my research on this odd condition. I've learn to deal with it, know that if I an walking a bunch in the hot, humid weather to take it easy, but only want to somehow know if it will continue to spread over the years as it appears to be doing each summer season. I'd also like to know if I relocate to a much, much drier climate if it might go away (lived in Arizona and California and never had the problem but also never walked 8+ miles daily either).

I'm only in my mid-40's; why do you think I contracted this?

Since you have been noticing that it does seem to be spreading then in all likelihood this trend will continue.
This is very commonly seen in allergic conditions, but it has not yet been proven that allergy is the basis for this condition.
Moving to a drier climate may help in removing the external factors that contributes to the condition but whether it actually brings about a remission is not known.
The reason for this is not known.
I got a very bad case this weekend after a strenuous 10 mile hike.  I've had other cases in the past, but it seems to be getting worse. (I just turned 50) I even put a picture of how bad it looks online at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/gbfowler/TableMountain2008/photo#5220348216808197730

I'm suppose to do a grueling climb of Mt. Adams in Washington State this weekend.  I wonder if repeated "re-injury" would make it worse or be detrimental in other ways?