Avatar universal

Itchy "budding--like bugbites" inner thigh/scrotum

I chose infection in this category but I have no idea what it could be. This "budding-like bugbite rash" itch is all over my inner thigh and on the lower sides of the scrotum. Its like those budding pictures you see but all over my thighs and scrotum or a bunch of small fleabites crowded together.
Its itchy especially at night or periodically itches through the day and its starting to reach my anus.
I'm hoping its just an allergic reaction to a bar soap I switched to for a week but its been growing and not showing any signs of reduction.

I'm worried it could be related to an STD and especially worried about going to a doctor under parental supervision, I recently became intimate with someone and she has no sign of any red bumps or itchiness. I dont have a doctor/dermatologist i could go to as I really don't know how the whole process works, I'm just a poor student trying to get by.

please advise!

please advise.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
563773 tn?1374246539
It can be due to yeast or fungal infection. Keep the area dry and wear cotton underwears and change them twice a day. Application of local antifungal cream(terbinafine, clotrimazole, econazole, ketoconazole, miconazole) and oral antifungal drugs are the mainstay of treatment. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
its getting worse, very itchy during the day.

kind of nervous to go see a doctor because i dont really know how the process works. will my insurance cover? i guess i'll go find a dermatologist via online and check it out...
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
okay i went to the drug store and bought some OTC (clotrimazole).
been applying it as instructed, we'll see how it goes. i should've sacked up (no pun intended) and scheduled a dermatologist visit. woe is me, im too scared to tell my parents nor do i have the money/insurance...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions