Avatar universal


Hi, I have had little red dots on the tip and towards the top of the shaft of my penis . They do not hurt or itch but they are just there. I am wondering what it is and what i can do to treat it so it will go away. I have had a girlfriend for a year now and she is the only one i have had sex with. Doing some research i am starting to think i have balanitis but am not sure. What are some things i can do to treat this and get these little red bumps to go away.
Best Answer
563773 tn?1374246539
The possibility of balanitis is less likely from your symptoms. It can be due to dermatitis, friction rub or chafing skin. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin.Also wear cotton undergarments.Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful.If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Thank you!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions