Avatar universal

whiteheads in genital area

Hi, I have a problem thats seems to have me worried. I have these small whiteheads on the base and pubic hair region. I recently developed these whiteheads; before they were never there. They dont hurt or anything but for me its just an unpleasant sight. I do shave my pubic area occasionally and im not sure if its from my razor irritating my skin thus causing whiteheads or what.

I have only had one sexual partner for 4 years and been faithful the whole time. She has been faithful as well so no worries on that topic. I must have maybe 7 or 8 whiteheads all togeher some within the pubic area, a couple on the shaft on my penis, and a couple on the scrotum. Could these whiteheads be from clogged pores or excess sweating?  I dont have any STD and neither does my partner. please help! thanks.

P.S. Can hand warts spread to genitals?

3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Avatar universal
Sounds like possible ingrown hairs from shaving. If they don't go away within a week I'd suggest a visit to a doctor.
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
A few questions:
1. is it dangerous?
2. will it effect my ability to reproduce?
3.will it go away?
4. is it contagious?
5. is it just because I have shaved my pubic hairs and I scratched them a lot because they were itching me?

Also, I have never had oral sex or sex.
Helpful - 0
563773 tn?1374246539
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it sounds like folliculitis or infected hair follicles. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph). The warts on the skin and hands are called verucca vulgaris (common warts.) Common warts are not spread to the genitals.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have additional queries. Kind regards.

Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Dermatology Community

Top Dermatology Answerers
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn to identify and prevent bites from summer’s most common pests.
Doctors argue for legislation to curb this dangerous teen trend in the latest Missouri Medicine report.
10 ways to keep your skin healthy all winter long
How to get rid of lumpy fat on your arms, hips, thighs and bottom
Diet “do’s” and “don’ts” for healthy, radiant skin.
Images of rashes caused by common skin conditions