A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.44k Members
5314819 tn?1371280997

Oops missed your comment

Hi Kathleen

Thanks for the comment I didn't see it until now Its very useful information. I think the initial A1c measurement was before the operation (though after the angiogram) and triggered by a high fasting bloood sugar measurement that I had done acidentaly along with a cholesterol measurement in a pharmacy. Since then I've been attempting to reduce the A1c with a Ketogenic diet (high fat / moderate protein/ very low carb) recently I lost part of a toe nail and the toe beneith was somewhat inflammed it's much  better now after removing the part of the nail which had come away from the nail bed. I don't seem to have any loss of sensation (my feet hurt like every body elses) so I don't know if it's related to the blood sugar issue or not.

This discussion is related to When might neuopathy start.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.