Aa
A
A
A
Close
Diabetes - Type 2 Community
3.44k Members

blood sugar variation

i am a type2 diebetic on insulin humalog mix25 bd.my fasting sugar 110 to pps 150, i play tennis everyday my sugar level is aeround 140 when i go to play. i play for an hour and half and when iam back it goes up to 180 i dont eat in between what could be the reason?
1 Responses
141598 tn?1355675363
Very strenuous exercise can stimulate the liver to release extra glucose into the bloodstream, due to an increase in adrenaline. Blood glucose can continue to drop for hours after exercising, so test your levels at least twice: once immediately after, and again a few hours later. Since more intense exercise prolongs the glucose-lowering effect, be careful after strenuous workouts by not indulging in heavy food servings or sweet drinks.

Have an Answer?
Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333896366
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.