MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

My doctor said that a blood glucose of 3.4mmol/L is normal. Is that correct?

I don’t take any medication but I am diagnosed with Pre-diabetes. My fasting glucose is 5.1 and my two hour after sugar consumption is 10.3.

I started testing my blood glucose myself to control my sugar spikes. But often my blood sugar drops to 3.4 and I start getting hypoglycaemic symptoms. I need to eat something and then lie down for 20 minutes.

I feel that my body doesn’t make glucagon fast enough. But my doctor says it’s normal and I just need to eat healthier and exercise.

It’s hard to eat healthy when I’m hungry all the time with hypoglycaemic symptoms.

Does anyone else have this experience?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community