MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.

Crashing glucose

I have been diagnosed pre diabetic.  After 2 years of dieting, I went to have my A1C checked because my sugar levels have been jumping over 160 after I eat, then two hours later crashing to 36. Assuming I was just not doing well, the doc calls me to tell me I have reversed my pre diabeties. A1C is 5.4.  So then why is this happening?  She has no idea and kinda blew me off.  Now I do not know what to do.  Is this normal? If not what should I be looking for?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You have what’s known as reactive hypoglycemia.  That’s when your glucose levels spike, then crash.  I have that as well.  Treatment is pretty much the same as for pre-diabetes - eat regular small meals and avoid foods that drive glucose levels high, such as sweets, high carbs, etc.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community