Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Crashing glucose

I have been diagnosed pre diabetic.  After 2 years of dieting, I went to have my A1C checked because my sugar levels have been jumping over 160 after I eat, then two hours later crashing to 36. Assuming I was just not doing well, the doc calls me to tell me I have reversed my pre diabeties. A1C is 5.4.  So then why is this happening?  She has no idea and kinda blew me off.  Now I do not know what to do.  Is this normal? If not what should I be looking for?
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
649848 tn?1534633700
You have what’s known as reactive hypoglycemia.  That’s when your glucose levels spike, then crash.  I have that as well.  Treatment is pretty much the same as for pre-diabetes - eat regular small meals and avoid foods that drive glucose levels high, such as sweets, high carbs, etc.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community

Top Diabetes Answerers
231441 tn?1333892766
Manila, Philippines
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Here are three summertime recipes that will satisfy your hunger without wreaking havoc on your blood sugar.
If you have prediabetes, type 2 diabetes isn’t inevitable. Find out how you can stop diabetes before it starts.
Diabetes-friendly recipes and tips for your game day party.
Are there grounds to recommend coffee consumption? Recent studies perk interest.
Simple ways to keep your blood sugar in check.
8 blood sugar-safe eats.