Hello & welcome.....First, She needs to be checked for a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection)......These are very common and need to be treated with oral antibiotics before they end up as Bladder or Kidney Infections.......While there, I'd inquire about the possibility of Kidney/Bladder Stones.....They also will produce blood in the urine.......Good luck & let us know what you find out.......Karla
P.S. Thank you for adopting.......
I would call the vet and see if you can move that appointment up and have it all checked out at once. A couple weeks time won't make a difference on the spaying.
Thank you! When I took her in for the spay they did a urine culture and she did have a UTI. They gave me Clavamox. We did treat it as one over the weekend, giving her cranberry juice with her water and two baby aspirins. I didn't know that baby aspirins were also a no no for dogs, I guess they can cause GI bleeds. Anyway, the two were enough to delay the spay (she's still thanking me) due to problems with blood clotting and we rescheduled. They also said licking the vulva is a sign of the UTI. I'm relieved it was nothing more serious.