Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dogs Community
10.3k Members
i have a 1.5 year old husky male. he is NOT neutered. i noticed that he has a large hard bump beside his penis on the left. when i touched it he tried to move away and got a bit angry. i am VERY concerned. my vet cannot get him in till the end of the week. please help!!
1 Responses
1916673 tn?1420236870
Hi. There are a couple of responses I have seen on the forum that refer to lumps on a dog's penis ... these may be of help to you:

(1) Was the lump ... along the shaft of the penis and was there another one on the other side?   If so, you are likely seeing the bulbous glands of the dog, which generally show up when the puppy is "excited" The bulbous glands are what help tie the male and female dog during copulation and are often mistaken by owners as "testicles the vet missed during neutering".  Of course, these aren't testicles, but they do appear as large lumps on either side of the penis and they are very hard. Again, without seeing what you are seeing, I am just guessing, but this might be something for you to consider.

And (2):

What does the lump feel like? If you feel it, can you kind of 'lift' it up underneath the skin and wobble it around? Has it got distinct, rounded edges to it? When you do this feeling around, how is he with that? Does he show any pain when you do? If it's not 'attached' to anything underneath, and wobbles around under the skin it most likely is a cyst. This can wait a little while as it's not critical, but it's still wise to get the vet to check it out. If he winces or shows pain when you feel at it, or if it has begun to look angry or inflamed, then it could be an abscess, and will need draining. If this lump feels hard, attached like it has 'roots', slightly knobbly perhaps (though not always) then it could be something that needs to come off asap. The best thing of course, is to take him to the vet for it to be looked at professionally.

Tony
Have an Answer?
Top Dogs Answerers
675347 tn?1365464245
United Kingdom
974371 tn?1424656729
Central Valley, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Members of our Pet Communities share their Halloween pet photos.
Like to travel but hate to leave your pooch at home? Dr. Carol Osborne talks tips on how (and where!) to take a trip with your pampered pet
Ooh and aah your way through these too-cute photos of MedHelp members' best friends
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child