Ear, Nose & Throat Community

Sore, tender nose for no apparent reason

2 days ago I woke up to a very sore, tender nose. It feels like I have been hit, but I haven't. I haven't run into anything either. Now it has a dull ache or throbbing. My sinuses seem to be fine, but it feels like my nose is getting worse, it's actually the skin that runs down the brdge of my nose that's in pain.  Please help!  thank you
WOW, I'm located in Arizona and it's been 4 days for me.  The bridge of my nose hurts as if I had been punched.  A little swelling and I noticed yesterday that it was a little red. Today not only is it a little red but it looks like it's bruising. My eyes get a little blurred but not all the time. No fever but I do want to sneeze occassionally. No sinus drainage. Is everyone from a different state? My husband and I are really geting concerned. Does anyone have any kind of idea?
What did the doctor say?
This is really strange. I woke up two days ago with the bridge of my nose feeling like I had gotten hit. I'm not congested or anything. Today it hurts to wrinkle my nose or touch it. It even hurts to yawn. I feel silly going to the doctor about this. Has anyone gotten any relief?
I went to the doctor on 11/5, my nose started getting sore on 11/3. He really didn't know what was wrong, but prescribed antibiotics thinking there might be an infection under the skin. I didn't pick up the meds because I don't like to take antibiotics unless I really need them. I told him I would pick them up if my nose didn't get better in a couple of days. Today is 11/7, and my nose is starting to feel better. It still hurts, but not as much and the swelling has gone down. I also felt achy with this for a couple of days. The only thing I can link it to is that I got a flu shot on 11/2. I hope this helps someone in the future.
What is the Doctor's prognosis on the nose pain?
Everyone should be careful because I had all of your symptoms and was just diagnosed with staph in the nose omg the pain and the first 2 docs didnt get it the ent specialists got it but it is not easy to get rid of .
Think a loved one may be experiencing hearing loss? Here are five warning signs to watch for.
Discover the common causes of and treatments for a sore throat.
Learn about what actually causes your temperature to spike.
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
Family medicine doctor Enoch Choi, MD helps differentiate between the common cold and more threatening (bacterial) infections
Dr. Steven Park reveals 5 reasons why breathing through your nose could change your life