Eating Disorders Community

Eating disorder? What do I do?

For the past month I have been throwing up after breakfast and dinner. On purpose. It has become a habit and I can't stop, I am losing weight but I have never eaten large amounts like binge eating. I eat so I can't be anorexic and I don't binge eat so I can't be bulimic. Is this a disorder?
An eating disorder can be when you "don't have control" over your eating habits, or when you have obsessive control over your eating habits. If you have eating behavior not clearly defined as anorexia or bulimia, its called Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified or EDNOS. I want to tell you that you are a very strong person to recognize this and that you want to change it. That is the first step. I'm not a professional, but I think you would benefit from talking to someone who can help you understand your habits and feelings of the loss of control. Someone who can help you understand how to have a healthy relationship with food. I don't think I need to tell you all of terrible consequences of vomiting your food on purpose. Perhaps you can find forums on the Internet of recovered bulimics. Good luck!
Unspecified Feeding and Eating Disorder. It's when you have an ED but you don't fit into any categories. (That's what I have.)
actually OSFED (otherwise specified feeding and eating disorder) is only a temporary diagnosis. how you feel about your body is what gives you the disorder, the behaviors the define which kind. there are two types of anorexia, restrictive and binging/purging (which doesn't always include binging). it sounds like you have anorexia nervosa b/p, but i am not a doctor and you should really see one so you can get better. long term purging has terrible effects on your body, everything from sore throats to cardiac arrest.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.
A deeper look into the relationship between salt and hypertension.