Headaches when working out. What could be wrong

Whenever im pushing myself during working out, whether its a set of push ups or lifting weights at the end of the set when im really pushing like when my face will get red, i will get a pretty bad headache pretty much forcing me to discontinue the workout.  Just has started happening the last week, but it always seems to happen. Do I have a brain tumor or something, whats wrong? =(  

Zach
Omg! I am so glad I am not the only one going through this. I thought I had some tumor or was about to have something explode in my head. I am 23 years old, pretty great health, could eat some more greens, and well thats about it. One thing I have noticed is that "your" pains are all in the back of "your" necks. Mine is above my temple but it occurs after I start my flat bench, when I am really straining myself.  It starts out with a throbbing sensation and it gets so unbearable I cannot even push through it to complete my workoutI have not been to the gym since Friday 6:00 p.m. and it is now Tuesday 10:22 A.M. and I kinda feel its prescence.. Similar to a bruise, but again there was no blunt force put on my temple. Simply working out in the gym. Does it make a difference if it is in my temple rather than my neck? Any ideas guys. Please email me with any suggestions. ***@****
The same exact thing happened to me on the flat bench last monday. I was putting up a lot for my weight but nothing crazy, on my 7th or 8th rep it just started pounding. Went to my physician and he told me it had something to do with to much strain in my muscles connecting my back to my neck. He said take advil or some type of pain killer 2-3 times a day for four days. Then give ur stomach a break from the pain killers for 3 days. Then back on for 3-4 days and slowly get back into lifting weights and treat it as if it were an injury. He said it could potentially stem from sitting at a computer desk for extended period of hours with bad posture.
Also, i tried working out the next day but anything i did brought the pounding headache back. The doctor checked my blood pressure, checked the pressure in my head and said everything was normal as far as that so he was confident it was a muscle strain.
Last monday, during my last set of bench, I got this terrible pain in my head. It was so bad I did not feel like lifting again. It has happened everytime I lift for now on, and i try to just bear it and continue. I have been taking NO Xplode since the beginning of the summer and Cell Mass, so I dont think thoses are the issue. It cant be from lifting too heavy cause were at the stage where we are going light weight with more reps. any suggestions?

Kyle
It happened to me the other day. Really bad headache on the last couple reps, made me stop workingout.  I went to a brain doc and he said it can happen among weightlifters because there is a lot of pressure in your brain during workouts.  the headache is called a Thunderclap.
i get the same headaches! mainly during the 1st couple of sets when i realy push myself. its so painful that it has me on my knees grasping my head. im 20 years old drink tonnes of water, healthy as an apple, dont drink alcohol  or smoke or any of that ****. i dont understand, it *****! :( im going to realy concentrate on my breathing next couple of workouts then report back the results, but i dont think breathing is my problem....

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community