Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close

want to abdomon exercises without fixing umbilical hernia

Hi. Iam 32 years old. Before 12 years i had a minor surgery fixing the umbilical hernia right above my navel. During last period of time i was living normal life doing all physical activities as others after fixing my hernia.
But now its back again and i can see it while i am coughing or when i pull in my abdomon.
I am being fat and overweight since last 6months(height:170cm, weight:90kg). I want to do my belly exercises to maintain my body shape again but afraid of being worsen my umbilical hernia.
So, can i do weight losing exercises without fixing my hernia?
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I exactly dont know what that procedure called. Doctor just opened my skin with a cut almost 3cm long horizontally above 1cm from my navel and close it later. Now and then also i am not feeling any kind of pain ir discomfort with my hernia. I am just afraid of doing exercises whether if it will get worsen if i start my belly exercises.
Helpful - 0
I suggest seeing your doctor! Do you know what procedure was performed for your previous surgery?
I personally don't like the mesh type of surgery.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Exercise & Fitness Community

Top Healthy Living Answerers
Arlington, VA
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
14 super-healthy foods that are worth the hype
Small changes make a big impact with these easy ways to cut hundreds of calories a day.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.