Fertility and Trying to Conceive Community

August IVF -ers!

I know its a little early but I am looking for some cycle buddies for my August IVF.  This will be IVF #2 for this year.  I turned 40 end of December. My first IVF resulted in twins but stopped growing at 7 weeks.   I have been doing everything I can to prepare my body and mind for the next IVF.  I've shed 30 pounds (so far, and still losing) since the height of my last pregnancy, been doing acupuncture since mid-May, exercising 4 times per week and will start chinese herbs this week.  

So far, I had a clomid challenge test earlier this month and I was a 12.2 and it went down to 7.4!  This is the lowest number I have had in 1.5 years since I started seeing an IVF doctor.  So, I was very excited.  My insurance approved my IVF + assisted hatching so I am all set.  

Would love to hear from some of you about your journey and next procedure.  I took a break from the site for a few weeks because I had nothing much to report but want to get back into the community.  Hope everyone has a great summer and *****baby dust to all****!!!!
Good Luck! I ws wondering when u were starting! We did #2 in june and just got a BFP and then #s that more then doubled! U/S on 7/7..I am cautiousely excited..after march i added acupuncture, dhea and herbs..transferred 2 very good 8 cell and 1 ok 6 cell..none to freeze..retrived 10 mature instead of 3! Good for u for the weight loss..will be  watching your posts!Lots of baby dust to u!!
Best of luck to you!
Peppy - positive thoughts for you!  I had my 1st IVF retrieval/transfer within the past week, so now we wait.  Hence the name...patientgal! (Not really all that patient though).  Can you pls explain what a "Clomid challenge test" is?  I did Clomid for 4 or 5 cycles before moving onto injectables, and then IVF.  Thanks!
Thanks for all the support.  I am praying for all of you.  

PatientGal:  good luck with the patience..you will need it.   The clomid challange test is something that is required by insurance as far as I know. You come in for Day 3 FSH test.  Then 2 days later, on Day 5, you begin taking one Clomid pill for 5 days.  Then come in the next day for Day 10 FSH.  Ideally, if the drug is effective, then your FSH should go down.  The first time I took it last year, my FSH was 11.2 and on Day 10 my FSH was 9.3.
That is why my most recent test was so great because I had such a great response and "passed" with flying colors!

Kahlua: Great to hear from you and wonderful about your BFP!!!!  I know this is the toughest time but hang in there I'm sure everything will be fine.......mommy!
I was pleased to hear that you did acupuncture and herbs. I bought some dhea but it scares me because I don't really know what it is.  Do you?  

*********sticky baby dust*********  Keep in touch :)
Hi Pepp...Great job with the weight loss. I need to lose as well.So hard with DH. He breathes food and it's an extreme constant in my home. That's another forum...lol

I receive instructions for my next IVF protocol August 17th. At that time RE will advise FET or Fresh cycle which usually starts off with BCP when my cycle starts around the 25th. I'm going to ask for fresh so we can have some egg reserve. Hopefully we can be cycle buddies!!
Hello Peep, I am starting my first IVF in August. I've been reaserching, reading and trying to learn how this process works. My RE started me on DHEA, i read that it helps produce good quality eggs. I am excited to start this process and have positive/encouragment people to talk too. Baby dust to everyone and i will be praying for each one of you.
if I'm not pregnant this month, I'll be doing my first IVF in August. I've been doing acupuncture and herbs, too and I turned 40 in May.  My dr hasn't even mentioned DHEA to me--I'm going to have to read up on it...I've had three miscarriages (two this year) so anything that helps my egg quality would be good!
I am glad all of you can join me in this journey. I know how stressful it can get since this is my 2nd IVF this year.  
nshapland:  I bought some DHEA and took maybe 2 or 3 pills but stopped because I just don't know enough about it.  I understand that it is a male hormone that apparently encourages better egg quality.  Not sure why or how.  If you find something different please let me know - the fact that Levi97 was told by her doc to try DHEA is reassuring.

I just received my herbs yesterday in the mail and have had two cups.  My doctor told me some time ago that he doesn't care what I take just as long as I stop while I'm in treatment (when I start the shots) so that it won't counteract the effects of the drugs for IVF.  I am sooooooooo happy that I started acupuncture, I feel so much better and more energetic.  

LaPoo:  great to hear from you again, and I hope we can be cycle buddies as well. I would want a fresh cycle as well, that's better.  I have the flare protocol, which is their most aggressive.  I will take birth control, Lupron, gonal-f, menapur, novarelle(trigger), vivelle dots, progesterone and a few other things related to the ER.  Its always a little hairy dealing with all this stuff but its worth it.  Can't wait!!
****baby dust to all****** and have a great 4th!!!
I too will be starting 2nd ivf end july/august(should have been july but I've got a cyst caused by the clomid)so the bc will get rid of cyst for me to begin stimms end july. I also got pregnant 1st ivf but miscarried early on back in may. We cannot afford any more after this so really hope it works and sticks this time, keep updating as everyones progress is real support and hope to us all, lots love melissax
I am so glad that I joined this group!  Just reading your posts and knowing that others are going through IVF is SO reassuring.  What I find most amazing is that every doctor calls every part of the process something difference (eg, Clomid challenge test was never called that to me, but thanks to your description I know now that I did have that done).  There are so many different meds out there too - crazy wild world of infertility!  Enjoy the weekend everyone!
I will be doing my nest IVF in Aug. I did one in JUNE did not work i believe i was so stressed out after i had my ET done my mom passed away not much i could do to keep my self calm. all i can hope is nest one will take maybe my mom will have some pull.
oh goodness, hoping4baby.  many condolences on the loss of your mother.  i can't imagine losing my mother during this trying time of infertility.  i hope you have a strong support system of friends and family around you!  sending you strong happy thoughts!