Fibromyalgia Community

Burning sensations

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if anyone has experienced burning sensations.  I have been waking up the past couple of nights with my right hand burning and stiff.  Its not hot to the touch or red. It's just a burning pain.   I have had the burning sensations in feet and thighs also. This morning I feel so disoriented sort of confused at times.  I don't know much about Fibromyalgia except that I have it and it's painful and tiring.  I have no one to talk to about this so please anyone help.
Please Comment.
I too have all these symptoms.  My thigh has been real bad lately.  I also get a numbing sensation afterward.
MrsMais;
   I am so sorry that you are hurting. But yes, I have that buring deep down in all parts of my body. I usually get the burning sensations before I fall into a flare with the horribly painful knots in my muscles. This is a wonderful site to find someone to chatr with. I feel blessed to have found it when I did.

Feel free to send me a message at any time, I'm off and on pretty often and I will get right back to you. When the burning starts, I g my heat pad out and place it on different areas, it seems to help some.

gentle hugs
Angel

,
I can relate with you i to feel the burning in my knees more than anything,And yes it does get tiring.
I don't get the burning sensations as much as I do a feeling of hyper-sensitivity of my skin.  Anything that comes in contact with it, during that time, makes it hurt.  I have had times where any form of clothing hurt to wear, or as if my hair was hurting (actually it's my scalp, but it feels like my hair).  I seem to get this type of sensation all over my body.  Never the full length, but in different locations on different days.  

Yes, it is quite painful and does leave one feeling fatigued.  Has the doctor who dx'd you placed you on any type of medication to treat the symptoms?  How long ago were you dx'd?

We hope you will be able to gain some information and great support here.  This is a wonderful forum.  We are all here seeking answers and praying for a cure.
Yes, I get burning, stabbing pains all over.  My legs, back, buttocks, feet and hands, knees. It's very uncomfortable. I get it a lot at night.  I don't know if it is nerve pain or what, but you're not alone.
I get the hyper-sensitive skin on neck, shoulders and back.  I'm on lyrica, anti-inflammatory medication, muscle relaxers and a sleep aid. I basically have no stage 3 or 4 sleep so I'm always exhausted.  I feel like the medications don't work, but i'm giving them a chance.

I was dx'd in 2 months ago (october) prior to dx I went to many doctors, first they thought it was MS, (because they found lesions in my mri) so they watched that for a year, then MS was ruled out. Went to a Rhuem. on a very hyper-sensitive skin day, he did the tender points, looked at results from sleep study, and asked many questions and he dx'd me with Fibro.  So finally I know i'm not going nuts, my pain is real!

Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.