Gastroenterology Community

Back and side pain NOT kidney stones HELP!

I recently had some severe pain in my left side near my hip.  It is a burning pain that comes and goes.  My lower left back is also in a lot of pain.  I just found out, from a CT scan that it is not kidney stones.  I am not having trouble with urination nor am I having trouble with bowel movements.  My concern is if this is something I need to continue to pursue.  The pain is not as bad as it was and I just spent $350 for the doctor to tell me they couldn't see anything wrong.  This is a totally new thing to me, any suggestions are welcome!
Hi, repetitive movements, unaccustomed strenuous exercise or injuries can cause the pain described by you. Sciatica can also cause the symptoms described by you. There is back pain which radiates to the leg and foot. This can be caused due to spinal disc herniation, spinal stenosis and piriformis syndrome.  You can try avoiding those postures and movements which aggravates your symptoms. Could try cold or hot compress for relief from pain. Discuss these options with your doctor when you happen to meet him next time. In the meantime you can take OTC Ibuprofen pain medication. Ensure to take this medication after food to avoid gastritis. Regards.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem