Gastroenterology Community

Barretts, hernia and GERD

After being hospitalized with an episode of ischemic colitis I went to my follow up with the gastro Dr.  I had some tenderness in my mid abdomen. He decided to do the endoscope along with the colonoscopy.  My colon turned out to be doing just fine, but he informed me that I had GERD, Barretts esophagus and a hiatal hernia.  
I am on Nexium and have been feeling pretty well as far as acid, pain or anything like that.  But after reading others symptoms I am wondering if my chronic cough, my snoring, feeling of something being in my throat (always figured it was from sinus issues) almost a feeling like there may be polyps in my throat.  Maybe this is actually from the Barretts and the other issues.
Also, I am a 63 year old female which is not so common, apparently this is more of a male issue disease.
I just don't know what to expect with Barretts.  If I don't ever feel any worse I think I am doing OK as long as it does't turn into cancer.  
Looking for input from  others.

This discussion is related to Can hard coughing cause a significant, persistent change in reflux.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem