Gastroenterology Community

Bloating, gas, cramping

Im a 24 year old active male.  16 days ago I awoke in the middle of the night with an upset stomach.  Since then I get bloated and gassy after meals,  I have been burping quite a bit.  My lower abdomen is upset and mildly cramping most of the time.  The evening before these symptoms showed up, I ate a Kobe Beef  Burger from a restaurant and it was cooked medium (I don't know if that has anything to do with it)  I am very uncomfortable most of the time now.  I saw a physician and he sent me for an X-ray and CBC lab.  My xray showed no obstructions, no kidney or gallbladder stones and my CBC labs came back normal.  I have had a dull pain in my upper right abdomen just below my ribs.  It comes and goes.  I am concerned about my gallbladder but there are no gall stones.  Ive also had reflux on 3 occasions during this time.  Im very frustrated and looking for help.
Hi there,

Sounds like you need to go to a gastronologist. He can give you exams or tests that can hopefully define your problem. En endoscopy could be what you need. They take a small tube with a micro camera and run it down your throat...no worries, they put you to sleep:) They can see inside your stomach and locate problem areas no only by pictures but by the biopsies they will take. They take sample of stomach tissue and they send it to be tested. Since no one else sees a problem, I suggest you go to the tummy experts, gastronologists.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem