Gastroenterology Community

Constant Nausea and Lump in Throat

II'm a 35 yr. old female and have had recurring digestive problems for years now.  After the birth of my 2nd child, I had symptoms commonly associated with Celiac's and/or IBS.  I had an upper GI and colonoscopy performed but it was inconclusive.  The dr. said I had a very slow digestive track, but that was about it.  After about a year, the symptoms mostly subsided.  However, over the past couple years I've been having more recurrent problems.  I don't get the cramping and diarreha I had but now have a constant feeling of being full.  This comes and goes.  I'll feel fine for a few weeks and then the I'll have symptoms again for a couple of weeks.  Many times I feel like I have a lump in my lower throat, like something is stuck.  Along with this also comes the feeling of nausea, like I ate too much at a meal.  I eat very small meals and am very careful about what I eat (no fast food, no caffeine).  I sometimes will get heartburn, but this is infrequent.  I also tend to have frequent right-side flank pain, around the kidney area.  I've had a few kidney infections, but doubt if this is related.  Any idea what could be causing these symptoms?
This might be from hypothyroidism.  It causes a lump in the throat from the enlarged thyroid gland, and it can cause a lot of other systemic problems as well, such as slowing of the digestive tract.  Did you ever have any bloodwork done?  The test for thyroid hormones is really simple - I just had it done myself.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem