Gastroenterology Community

Endoscopy Exam

I am still aching from my endoscopy two days ago.  I had biopsies of my esophagus and stomach.  the pain comes and goes.  The procedure went along smoothly.  They had me suck on a mint sponge type stick first for the back of my throat. This seemed to help before the procedure, sore throat very mild then left.  I didn't feel anything during the entire procedure, they put me out.  I was not in a lot of pain, just a bit achy.  This was the third time I had the procedure but the first time for biopsies. Had the esophagus stretched  several times due to swallowing problems and acid reflux.  Not everyone experiences a lot of pain but I would say for myself soreness in several places where  the biopsies were taken.
I wouldn't worry about it. Think about it like this, they cut into your throat. Those wounds need to heal, and they take a bit longer cuz when you eat, the food is going past all those wounds, messing with the healing process. If you still feel the pain after a week, then maybe you should be slightly concerned. Otherwise, I think it is normal.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem