Hi I really need advice on body odour and bad breath I’ve been having.

My friends have told me that a smell of sewer and baby poop comes off me. My hygiene is impeccable but after I shower within an hour my skin goes oily and the smell comes. I have spots on my chin and ear lobes and when the puss is squished out it smells of this horrible baby poop smell. I can smell it on my self when I wear a mask. It’s really effecting my self confidence and relationships.
I’ve also been told that my breath smells fishy, despite paying 4000 to have all my teeth done.
I’ve had a lot of stomach issues recently , been very constipated and had a pain in the left side of my stomach. Now I’m aware I’ve started to eat less and dropping wait.
I have been getting dry eyes and sinuses .. does this go with the symptoms?
Please anyone have any ideas ?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi! Constipation can definitely affect both body odor and breath. But unless you can detect the odor coming off from your skin (or used clothes) most likely the source of the smell is your breath alone. That would explain why you can smell it in your mask and around your lower face.

When bad breath isn't caused by the mouth or throat (like tonsil stones), it can come from the stomach & if your bowels aren't eliminating fast enough, it can make your breath smell faecal. It can come from sinus issues like post nasal drip or stomach like GERD.

Begin taking soluble fiber supplement like Metamucil. Drink 2 litres of water everyday (this is = 4 bottles of water) or else it won't work. If you currently have an impaction/mass of old dry stool you may need to take a laxative first.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Gastroenterology Community

Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem