Gastroenterology Community

Irregular bowel movements

I have always had irregular bowel movements....It got really bad about 1-1/2 years ago and I changed my diet.....I just cannot eat bread, it just feels like it sits heavy in my stomach....I eat cottage cheese, yogurt every day...and try to eat fruit.  I have no problem with eating vegtables, as long as they are not raw...do not like raw vegtables.  I can't even eat too much meat anymore either.  Eat a lot of pretzels.  Cut out the caffeine in my tea and coffee also.  Drink more milk, 2%.  It seems as though the constipation is starting to come back....I have a bowel movement maybe 2/week, if I'm lucky...and it is compressed and hard and hard to pass and very large when I do have a movement.  It's like I store it till there is no room anymore...Any Suggestions?  I just turned 49yrs. old, no children, menapause for about 7 yrs. now.  Medications include Imiprimine and Diazepam.  I drink a lot of tea...decaf...and now I really like Splash and drink that quit a bit.  
Welcome to the gastroenterology community!  It sounds like you have IBS with constipation.  I would recommend seeing a gastroenterologist.  In the mean time, I would recommend eliminating all gluten from your diet.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem