Gastroenterology Community

Nausea, Abdominal Pain, Diarrhea

I have been suffering from (sometimes) severe nausea and occasional vomiting, diarrhea/constipation and abdominal pain for almost three months now. Originally, my physician thought it was a Stomach Flu and provided me with Zofran to control the nausea but stated that everything else would have to run its course. I have seen him three additional times and all tests..Ct scan to check for Appendicitis, Ultrasound to check Gallbladder..have come back normal. My labs indicated an infection at one point and I was diagnosed with a Kidney infection which was then treated with antibiotics. I was told that it was possible that the infection could be causing my other symptoms due to the length of my illness and lack of a diagnosis prior to that point. I completed the course of antibiotics and felt better for about two weeks. Unfortunately, the pain, nausea and diarrhea have returned. I am a 32 year old female who, previously, was very healthy. I have tried taking Tums and Prilosec but have not had any relief for the pain. Zofran is still working when I become nauseaus but could be causing the constipation. If I do begin to vomit, it lasts for hours.Is there anything else that my physician and I could try? I am ready to get back to life.
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem