Gastroenterology Community

Pancreatitis?

For the past few months (3-4), I have had epigastric discomfort. It is not excruciating, it is a mild burning, gnawing ache. It feels like it radiates to the back on the left side, but I also have herniated disks throughout my spine. My dr said she thinks it's GERD and to try proton pump inhibitors. I must admit they help slightly, however I still have this pain that is constant all day long. I am worried it's pancreatitis, but I have had a complete abdominal ultrasound on all internal organs (negative) and labs for LFT's Kidney function, Cholesterol, all were normal, although no pancreas panels were ordered. I brought it up to my dr she said pancreatitis is excrutiating, and mine isn't. I have read conflicting info some say excruciating some say not so. I am confused and scared, my wife is pregnant with our first child, and I don't want to die. I am anxious but my dr persist that GERD can mimic Pancreatitis. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks So Much!!
Also I would like to add that when I am starving, I mean really hungry, I feel no discomfort. I was also tested for h pylori which was negative. I must add also I drink a ton of diet soda daily, which i am working on stopping that habit. I don't smoke or drink alcohol. sorry for the rant I am just worried. Thanks
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem