Gastroenterology Community

Why do I feel like I need to gag during random times?

I am 16 years old and a female. I haven't gone to the doctor for anything like this yet but I want to get some input. Lately I have been feeling this sort of benign urge to gag. I can still control it but it is still prominently there and it is starting to worry me. I have a soy allergy and I am slightly lactose intolerant. A few hours ago, I drank coffee with creamer that most likely included soy. And now I am in bed with growing anxiety over my throat. I always get anxiety over the fear of not being able to breath or swallow. This gagging sensation happened two days ago in the morning after eating a bagel and that included cream cheese so - maybe it is just my allergies to these foods that is causing my throat to feel strange? This gagging sensation doesn't happen often but I googled this and got even more worried, reading about sort of similar stories and answers to go to the doctor immediately. Also, I tend to have a nasal drip a lot? Like... I end up swallowing mucus a lot and I have for as long as I can remember I'm not sure if that can contribute to the cause but I want to put that out there, too. If anyone at all can help or at least just put some of my anxiety to rest that would be lovely!
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem