Gastroenterology Community

gastroparesis and acid reflux

Hi Docter,                                                                                      Nov 2,  2009
  I'm  a 39 years old female in pain. I started having stomach problems three years ago. I was taking lexapro for P.M.S symptoms when I started having bloating, pain, bleaching, gas, spasms in my stomach, and feeling full after eating a few bites of food. A ultra sounds showed that I had gallstones. I had my gallbladder removed and still had the same symptoms except the stomach pain has left. I have now been diagnose with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and gastroparesis  Disease. I have had hypothyroid  since I was 26 years old.  
   Since May I've had severe acid reflux because of the delay emptying of my stomach. It's was so bad that I had acid in my lungs and was on a inhaler. I raised the head of my bed 9 inches higher, that helped with my lungs. For almost five months now I've been taking nexium twice a day. I've also changed my eating habits, small meal's, cut out fats and all the other foods and drinks that cause acid.  Changing my eating habits and not being able to eat much I keep losing weight I'm down to 111 pounds. I don't have diabetes I know they say that one of things to check for with gastroparesis.
     My G I doctor prescribed  Reglan for my stomach but I couldn't take it so he has now three years later he put me on Erythromycin, I've been on it for almost three months.. My acid reflux hasn't improve will it ever? PLEASE HELP! Are there anything that can help with gastroparesis?

Thank you
                                                                              Jamie
                                                                              Blue Ridge, GA.            
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem