General Health Community

Armpit sore

I have a sore or something under my armpit, its pretty red looking, it doesn't really hurt in less I try to actually push it, its rather soft in the center, almost squishy, but seems fairly closed.
It could be an ingrown hair follicle, or it could be something much more serious as your lymph nodes are located there.  I would see a doctor and ask if it hasn't disappeared after a week.  Nothing is worse than having an unknown lump that causes you concern.  I am no expert, but my doctor has always told me, the bumps or lumps that are painless are the ones that he worries about.  Often times the ones that are sore are no cause for alarm, but I would let a physician tell you what they think.

In addition to anything I have mentioned, please keep in mind, that while I or others may have extensive knowledge in many areas, you should always seek professional medical advice from your own physician, as it pertains to medical conditions or concerns.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Down syndrome Community Leader
& Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator
you could have a staff infection or a ingrown hair...brittany