General Health Community

Need Help

My grandmother is 86 and in good health.  She doesn't have cancer, she's never had a stroke or heart attack . All of her vital signs are within the normal, healthy ranges. We recently received her medical records, which we requested, however one document (results of a CAT Scan) states that there is "an increase of white matter". What exactly does this mean?
White matter often increases with age, if her doctor didn't bring it up after she had the scan there was probably nothing to worry about.
If you go to the site below it will give you some more information.
http://neurology.about.com/od/cerebrovascular/a/What-Are-These-Spots-On-My-MRI.htm
Maybe abscess you should further investigate with a doctor
COMMUNITY LEADER
I can understand your concern. I would certainly ask her doctor, if he/she does not sound concerned, then maybe it is OK, however, they should give you a reasonable reply if you ask, if not, see another one.