General Health Community

urination

some pain in my left kidney which I have a small stone. Frequent urination and afterwards still feels like I need to go again. In addition have an urge or feeling at end of my penis like you need to urinate
Make an appointment to see your doctor and take a urine sample with you.

You may have a urinary tract infection now.

Make sure you drink plenty of water.  2-3 litres per day is recommended, but with you have a kidney stone you should drink 3 litres of water throughout the day.  Your doctor or urologist should give you advice on this.

Keep monitoring your urine to see if you can catch the stone (or sandy grit) so that this can be analysed.

Hopefully, the stone will pass away on its own, but be prepared because it is extremely painful.  The doctor may also prescribe pain relief for you.

Best wishes.

I have a stone in my right kidney for some 15 years.  As Jemma suggested, drink a lot of fluids and especially water.  It sounds as though you are in the very early stages of a uti, in which case water will normally cure your problem.

Good luck.
You've had a kidney stone for some 15 years!  
Have the doctors ever suggested about getting it shattered for it to pass on its own or have it removed?

You would not know you have a kidney stone unless it starts to move.  It does not cause pain when not moving.

At the age of 39 I was very ill to begin with and the only symptoms I had were pins and needles in my feet.  Doctors treated me for Vitamin B complex deficiency and then depression when I walked in in tears.

It took months to find out that I had a stone, by which time it started to move and caused me severe pain, vomiting, bleeding, passing green gunge, being thrust from a lying position to a sitting position with the excruciating pain. Pethedine did not help to relieve the pain.  By the time I saw a urologist and had special dye xrays and had a appointment with him the following week, I was in hospital as an emergency and had to have it surgically removed because it was stuck in my ureter.

I have had a lot of sediment in the urine and pain from time to time and urinary infections which have had to be treated by antibiotics.

Once you have had a stone, it is highly probable that you will get another one in the future.

My stone was diagnosed as being calcium oxalate and I was told to avoid certain foods.

It is important to keep drinking the recommended amount of water every day and not to get dehydrated.  Dehydration can lead to the formation of the crystals that then make a stone.

There are 4 different types of kidney stones.