Does OraQuick have false positives?

I am interested in testing myself for peace of mind (if I can ever get over the fear of getting tested…) and am wondering if there are any risks for false positives?  Also, should I wait until I'm over this cold/sinus infection and off antibiotics, allergy medications, and nasal sprays before I take it (not sure if colds, infections, or drugs affect results)?  Thank you.
All tests can give a false positive, reason that all positive test have to be confirmed.
Thank you for your answer.  Do you know if one at home test has a higher accuracy rate than another?

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community