ICMA Testing Question

I read that my testing method at LabCorp was ICMA Blood Test. Can anyone share insight about this test with me?

1. Is this a 3rd Gen. or 4th Gen. test?

2. Is this testing method FDA Approved/Considered Reliable ?

2. I read the Gold Standard is an ELISA test at 3 months. Is the ICMA just as reliable?

3. Would requesting an ELISA be necessary?
1. Not 4th Gen
2. Has to in order to be sold/done in the US
2. Yes
3. No
Thank you Vance, that was all very informative. So just to confirm, I should rest easy with a negative ICMA test at 13 weeks?
Yes
Thank you James. My last question has to do with 4th Generation testing. I know the tests track Antibodies and Antigens. Is this test pointless after a certain amount of weeks? If yes, when?

I was reading that Antigens disappear after a certain amount of time. Is this correct?
28 days.
Yes

You are reading content posted in the HIV Prevention Community