HIV Prevention Community

Oral Sex concern (based on Dr. HH statement)

Very worried about Dr. HH statement (back in 2014) --  "Oral sex rarely if ever transmits HIV, and fingering, hand-genital contact, and the other contacts you mention never do."    What is the "rarely" part he is referring to?   All this while, I was thinking it was 100% safe, but this statement has made me nuts.  Kindly address my concerns.

Appreciate your response.

Sincerely.
The risk is less than being hit by a meteorite. It hasn't happened in the 40 years of hiv history so it likely won't happen in the next 40 years of your life - that is why you should focus on the words "if ever" in his advice.