HIV Prevention Community

Risk and Symptoms after Kiss

Hello and thank you to anyone who answers this post. This may seem like a silly question to ask but I would appreciate any feedback that i receive. I am 18 years old and go to college in New Hampshire. So about 3 days ago i met a girl at a party and we started making out. I didnt think about it until after that I had had a sore in my mouth that i had gotten a week or so earlier from biting myself while eating. The wound was almost all the way healed but i could still feel where it was in my mouth with my tongue. Also, it was very cold and dry outside and i had cracked lips, and i noticed that there was just a very small amount of blood from one of the cracks on my lips after my encounter with this girl. So I really would like to know my risk, if any, the chance of being infected with HIV.

Also, today and maybe even yesterday i started to feel minor aches and a small sore throat coming on, also a wet cough and sneezing with a runny nose. (this is 3 days after the encounter) I was wondering if these symptoms are HIV related.

Sorry if some see this as dumb question, and thank you in advance to anyone that can shed any light on my dilemma.

Joe
You don't have an HIV concern.
thank you for your quick response
Hello Joe,

Your risk of HIV infection is low. Your symptons are not really HIV infection because it only has been 3 days. HIV early symptons are fever, dry cough, skin rashes, headaches and swollen limph nodes and they started after few  weeks. The major risk of kissing is herpes HSV 1 which is not a deadly virus as HIV 1 and 2. Herpes can cause cold sore in the mouth. Check online for herpes virus type 1 and 2.

Take care!
He didn't have a risk. Go Troll somewhere else.