HIV Prevention Community

hiv test

Had risky exposures and needed to get tested for std's. everything came out negative at 5 months. later got tested for hiv with rapid test where they use oral fluid and this was negative. this about 6 months after last sexual activity. is this conclusive and is rapid test reliable? read on aids website that a series of tests is recommended at 6 weeks, 3 months, and 6 months. i only got tested at 6 months and not before, is this ok

thanks
Any antibody test at 3 months or beyond is conclusive...you don't have HIV.
thanks very much. no need for standard blood test because rapid one is just as reliable? and one last thing, do hangnails pose a portal of entry for HIV if someone's blood got on it?
1-no need other testing methods
2-nope
why do people have such difficulty accepting that their 3 months and more negative test is conclusive? it's really hard
because you keep thinking about it..you tested and its negative..so time to move on
i know. do you have any words or advice on how I can move on so I can stop being obsessed with something I do not have? I'm trying not to think about it but it keeps coming back.
go look at your test report again..look at the word negative
if you cant move on then you should get some professional help
thank you kumar. i have already set up an appointment with a psychologist and I am really hoping it helps me. thanks again for your time